There is something about Hawaii that really attracts me. It could be the beautiful weather, the gorgeous scenery or the lovely locals! Whatever it is, it’s captured me and makes me continuously plan my next holiday there. I think it’s such a wonderful place for a romantic get away, a place to spend time with your family or even an adventurous trip! If you love the outdoors, learning about culture/history, shopping, beach, wining and dining Hawaii is the destination for you!
Top 10 Activities and places to visit would be (not in any specific order)
- Ala Moana Beach park- Swimming, picnic and shopping Mall right across the road
- Waikiki Beach- Shopping, restaurants and the beach all found on one strip
- Kailua Beach- voted number 1 beach in the world
- Lanikai Pill Box Trail- Hiking to the Pill Boxes to get a breath taking view of Kailua Beach. The hike can get a bit steep and takes around 30 mins to get to the top. Make sure you have water to keep hydrated!
- Diamond Head – Hiking Diamond head and learn the history of Hawaii. When you get to the top you will have a beautiful view of Waikiki Strip.
- Polynesian Cultural Centre or Paradise cove- Experience a Luau (Traditional Hawaiian feast/ gathering)
- Pearl Harbour/ Arizona Memorial- FREE to enter and you learn about the history of Pearl Harbour
- Snorkelling at Hanauma Bay
- Road To Hana
- Haleakala National Park to watch the sunset or sunrise