We all love to snack on things during the day, but what matters the most is the TYPE of snacks we are choosing. We often choose something that is convenient to get which leaves chocolate and lollies as a very easy target. If we prepare the snacks we are choosing, you’ll find it much easier to ditch the sweets and go for something a lot healthier.
- 2 x 400g chick peas
- 1/2 freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 medium sized avocados
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- pinch of paprika
- place all ingredients except for the paprika in a food processor and blend until all ingredients are pureed (I have a nutribullet so I put half of the ingredients in first, and then did a second batch for the remaining ingredients.
- place in a nice large serving bowl.
- sprinkle a pinch of paprika on top of the hummus
- serve with carrots, celery or any vegetables you want as a light snack OR bread for a more substantial snack.
Tip: This recipe is quite tangy so you can add lemon according to taste BUT if you do reduce the lemon content, browning (oxidation) from the avocado will appear quicker.